An edited version of Jim Higgins original notice.
Candidate filing for the August 2nd Primary closed on Tuesday, March 29th and the Missouri Libertarian Party has filed 25 candidates for federal, state and county offices.
Bill Slantz, the Missouri Libertarian Party chair, said that “The voters need to give up the notion of voting for the lesser of two evils and give Libertarians a chance.”
- Jonathan Dine filed for the U.S. Senate. Dine was the Libertarian candidate for the U.S. Senate in 2010 and 2012. In 2012 he received 6% of the vote in a race with Todd Akin and Claire McCaskill. Dine is from the Kansas City area.
- George A. Zsidisin in district #1 which includes St Louis city.
- Bill Slantz in district #2 which includes parts of St Louis County and St Charles County.
- Randy Langkraehr in district #4 which covers west central Missouri.
- Robin Dominick in district #5 which includes The Kansas City area.
- Edward A (Andy) Maidment in district #6 which covers the northern tier of Missouri.
- Kevin Craig in district #7 which covers southwest Missouri.
- Jim Higgins in district #8 which covers southeast Missouri.
- John A. Hartwig Jr. is an accountant and CPA who resides in Clayton in St Louis County.
- LaDonna Higgins in District #24 in West St Louis County.
- Becky Martin from Troy for district #41
- William Truman (Bill) Wayne from Warrensburg for district #57 will be in a two-way race with a Republican Candidate
- Dustin Coffell from Hazelwood for district #70 will be in a two-way race with a Democratic Candidate
- Kevin C McConnell from St Louis for district #73 will be in a two-way race with a Democratic Candidate
- Rebecca Sharpe Lombard from St Louis for district #80
- Andrew Bolin from St louis for district #83 will be in a two-way race with a Democratic Candidate
- Jeff Coleman from Chesterfield for district #101
- Michael Carver from St Charles for district #105
- Robert E. Smith from Milo for District #125 will be in a two-way race with a Republican Candidate
- Greg Tlapek from Cape Girardeau for district #147
St. Louis County:
- Theo Brown Sr. for Prosecuting Attorney
- Nicholas (Nick) Kasoff for County Assessor
- Jeanne Chickanosky for County Council District #3
- Michael Lewis for County Council District #5
St. Charles County:
- Bradley Touchette for County Council District #7